Arrival – Check-in
The customer must notify Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd office about the estimated time of arrival to Luosto, 2 days before the beginning of the rental period either via e-mail or telephone.
In most cases the check-in is at the Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd office / reception.
Check-in is from 4 pm (16:00) on the day of arrival.
Guests will receive 1 key (regardless of the number of the guests) and will be provided with a map to the destination.
Staying at the Cabin / Apartment
We trust that you will treat the property as your own. But if something happens, please do contact the Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd’s office.
If you have any questions or notice concerning the equipment and/or condition of your accommodation, please contact the Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd office immediately. So that it can be fixed right away. Complaints made later will not be taken into account. Booking terms
First safety tips, which may help to avoid accidents!
- It is common in Finland that bathroom has tiled floor and no shower mat. Floor might be slippery in the sauna and in the shower room.
- Entry hall might get very slippery if snow is not cleaned off your boots properly.
- In winter time the temperature often drops 20 degrees Celsius below zero. Be sure to wear warm and dry clothes. During very cold weather your skin will be better protected without creams (which contain water) and if you avoid washing your face before going outside.
It is safe to drink water from the tap. However, bottled water can bought from the supermarket.
At the cabin you will find:
- Dishwashing and general detergents, dishwasher detergent, trash bags, toilet paper and cleaning equipment.
- Bedding, such as blankets and pillows.
- Basic kitchen equipment, dishes, kitchenware.
At the cabin you won’t find:
- Soap, shampoo and/or conditioner, kitchen paper, sauna bench pads (if not left by the previous guests).
- Spices (incl. salt and pepper) or other groceries (if not left by the previous guests).
Check your invoice to find what is included in the rental price, usually those are linen, towels, end-of-stay clean and wood for the fireplace. If something is missing, please do contact immediately Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd office.
Useful information during your stay at the resort:
- Public emergency number is 112
- Nearest public health center (small hospital) is in Sodankylä, 40 km north from Luosto, tel. +358 (0) 20 692 881. There is also private health care center Aslak in Sodankylä, tel. +358 (0)16 636 112.
- Nearest Pharmacy is in Sodankylä, about 40 km to north from Luosto. Sodankylä Pharmacy’s medicine cabin is in Luosto Shop (address: Hartsutie 1). From there you can by basic medicines (without prescription).
Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd on-call service: +358 40 588 42 48. We will be glad to help you on phone in case of emergency even outside our opening hours (no sales services). But in case guests will need the person on duty to come to the reception or accommodation for a reason brought on by a lodger (i.e. key lost or other reason), an hourly compensation of 60 €/h will be charged, on Sundays and holidays 100 €/h. The fee must be paid immediately in cash.
Departure – Check-out
Check-out is at noon (12:00) on the day of departure. The guest should check-out and return the keys latest at 12:00 to the Pyhä-Luosto Travel Ltd office or into the white mail box on the outside wall of the office.
If the key is lost, we will charge the real expenses.